Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Droplets of Sun.

My greatest discouragement to having my own kids
Is my parents.
They make me feel confusingly inferior,
I never want offspring.
They are so perfect I secretly wish
They were parents to my children,
Erasing me from the whole scene even.
They are droplets of sun
Disguised as man and woman.
Destined to bring in and raise a girl.
With principles and her own independence.
I can never posses such perfectionism
When it comes to parenthood.
I can never love anyone like I am loved.
My parents are the best.
I will only be their painfully similar echo.
My parents are the best.
Impossible to disprove this statement.
For no one but I, have enough tangible
And intangible proof of their virtue.

This Independence day, my mind is liberated by this bitter sweet worry.
Catharsis in its most original wave.
It is absurd to celebrate a nation's freedom before you recognize
The ones who freed you into the nation and onto the planet in the first place.
Today, along with a billion Indians rejoicing India's 66th year of Independence,
I join to celebrate my 20th of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment