Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Can. Says "PolkaDots".

Yes I am a little upset how my very dear classmates can't care less that I'm away, and for so long. But HEY I honestly don't blame them :) because the attention of one whole body and soul is hardly enough to digest each day's class at IndiaCan, and how foolish of me to ask an outline of the same once every 24 hours! There will be just oo much to say, it'd tire them at the outset itself. However, I am in awe of Vijoni's tireless updates that flood my phone. And the woman of most grace, Grace, has graciously agreed to send me one boring text everyday explaining briefly what I miss each day. This arrangement is on from today onward.

And having said that, I move on to that little part of the I-Can Journalism I do each day, since I left home due to Chicken Pox after class on July 9th, Monday. 

Being cast away, in one room does not cripple me anymore. The first day was hell however. From the second onward, it was a 12 hours license to the world of words.

I read two English and 2 Malayalam dailies each day. Helps me miss the Newspaper-Comparison sessions less. And then, I attempt to write about two or sometimes three articles. Article-writing session, the home made version! I have gotten to get back in touch with regional news this way.

Then of course, some infotainment follows. I have finished "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini. Painfully energizing Catharsis. 
"Away", edited by Amitava Kumar. A collection of soulful literature by Indian expatriate artists. John Keats' "Fugitive Poems" linger onto my late evenings. 
And, "The Other Half Lives" by Sophie Hannah is my current read. 
I wouldn't have finished these books by the end of even  August if I didn't lock myself away from the world for this while.

I read aloud (sorry not news paper articles!) poems and sonnets. They are all over my day! I lay down all and any of my feminist angle and evolve grateful to the domination of men in Elizabethan times. No, not social domination, the majority in poems that cast women as protagonists and men as narrators. How does it cheer me? - It reminds me to pick away my nasal voice, bring in the male bass and play with tones. 
I can get highly dramatic when it comes to reading creative content, and so my urge to sound all manly sways aside the nasal squeak.

As I also heard; discussions over things like the fine line between fact and truth, my true nationality, and such others twinkled on in class, I did my part of reading. Discussions lead to narcissism however since I couldn’t take sides on certain debates and loved where the topics lead me altogether.

SO, though it may look like I am only whiling away days happily nick naming myself as PolkaDots (my pockmarks ARE cute), and savoring every fruit that comes my way, I am doing my little bit too.

I CAN. I can be a part of today.
And, media, I am forever obliged.

No comments:

Post a Comment